Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thai Cooking and Good Health

Good health often comes from good food. If you are like I was, you simply eat what is fast and easy, stopping into the drive thru on your way to work or for a fast lunch. After work stopping off for more fast food on your way to drop the kids off at soccer or maybe swim lessons. Our days are so busy we never have the time to prepare foods for ourselves. A poor diet will make you sick. There are healthy alternatives. Some of them are also fast and simple to prepare!
I am from Thailand so my favorite foods are Thai food. There are many delicious kinds of Thai food that you can prepare very fast and have a healthy meal on the table in minutes that your family will really love.
Thai food is so healthy for you because the ingredients are so good for you. Many of the vegetables
that I use I grow myself while it is summer, in the winter I buy at the local market. I am now trying to buy mostly organic vegetables since I also make my own baby food as much as possible. Some of the vegetables that are used in Thai food you will be familiar with others will be completely new to you. For instance, bamboo shoots are used in may ways for Thai food. Bamboo is used in salads, stir fried, mixed with curry and many other recipes as well. Another vegetable that I love is Thai eggplant, it is small, round, and green. Not your standard eggplant, but filled with a mellow flavor. In Thai cooking we also use many type of squash, gourds, and different types of pumpkins. Many of the recipes where I call for pumpkin you will be looking for is actually a Kabocha squash in the US and Europe. IT is also known as Japanese squash.
Thai recipes also call for a lot of herbs such as lemon grass, many types of basil, cilantro and coriander and of course Chili. Thai people eat more chili per person than any place else in the world. If you like your food hot add a little more of the Thai chili peppers. With all of the herbs that are in Thai food you will get a lot of flavor and not need to add so much salt and sugar and other flavorings that are bad for your diet. I think that this may be part of the reason that there is so few cases of things like diabetes and other diet related diseases in Thailand.
Now I offer a lot of recipes on my site and I will soon begin to post some video cooking lessons as well. So please come by and check out the recipes that I have to offer for your health and for the great taste also. Your body, your family and all of your friends will thank you when they taste the delicious foods that you can now cook!
I love to cook any kind of food and try new recipes that I see. I often change them to fit my style of cooking or to use what I have available when I can not get all of the ingredients. Of course since I live in Thailand My favorite food is Thai food and that is what most of the recipes you will find on my site are. So please come on by and tell me how you like my recipes at http://www.cookingwithsaichon.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Saichon_Plumleehttp://ezinearticles.com/?Thai-Cooking-and-Good-Health&id=1436254
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment